05 Feb Recipe Thursday – Creamy Chicken Orzo Soup – Quick and Easy Dinner
Enjoy this quick and easy weeknight dinner for your family.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup celery; thinly sliced
1 cup carrots; thinly sliced
1 small onion; chopped
1 teaspoon kosher Salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken or use leftover rotisserie or baked chicken meat cut-up
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (14.5 ounce) cans water
1/8 teaspoon poultry Seasoning
1 cup orzo; uncooked
1 cup cream of Chicken Soup; condensed soup
1. In a large pot over medium heat, saute the vegetables in olive oil for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
2. Add the drained can of chicken or leftover chicken and stir.
3. Season the chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper. Stir.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chicken broth plus 2 cans of warm water and stir.
5. Allow the soup to simmer for 15 minutes then add the uncooked pasta and seasoning. Stir.
6. Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the condensed soup, stir until the broth is creamy and serve.
Makes/Yield 6 servings
Recipe Courtesy of msn.com and Big Oven