13 Nov 12 Classic Pie Recipes for Your Thanksgiving Table
The season of giving (and getting) is upon us, and pies (baked or no-baked) are some of the best things to share with those you love. See them all: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/cookingschool/12-classic-pie-recipes-for-your-thanksgiving-table/ss-AA77Yfn?ocid=DELLDHP#image=1
For your convenience below you will find one of the 12 recipes – a no-bake dark chocolate raspberry pie. Enjoy…
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pie
• 1 cooked pie crust
• 1-10 pkg. dark chocolate chips
• 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese; softened
• ¾ cup sugar
• 1-18 oz. pkg. fresh raspberries
• 1-3 oz. pkg. raspberry jello
• 1 cup water
• 1 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Using the double boiler method (or microwave, if you so choose), melt the chocolate chips.
2. Once melted, slowly add it to a mixer blending the softened cream cheese and sugar.
3. Occasionally stop and scrape down the sides.
4. Once the chocolate has been fully incorporated pour it into a prepared pie crust.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until the chocolate has firmed up and set.
6. After the chocolate has set, layer the fresh raspberries over the chocolate.
7. Bring to boil one cup of water and whisk the cornstarch in until it has turned to thin glue-like/syrup consistency.
8. Pour it into a bowl with the powdered gelatin.
9. Whisk together until smooth and slowly add it over the raspberries, filling in all the nooks and crannies.
10. Return to the refrigerator and allow it to set; up to 2 hours.
Courtesy of The Daily Savorings and Michelle De La Cerda