Butternut Squash Baked Risotto
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 shallots, diced small
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
• 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
• Coarse salt and ground pepper
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 medium butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and diced medium (4 cups)
• 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
• 1 bunch black (Tuscan) or curly kale, tough stems removed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips
• Grated Parmesan, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium Dutch oven or heavy ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until opaque, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add wine and cook, stirring, until completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add squash and broth; bring mixture to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover, transfer to oven, and bake until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan.
To save time, cut up the squash earlier in the week and refrigerate it in a zip-top bag.
Prep: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Courtesy of Martha Stewart, Vegetarian Main Dishes
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sheldon Landscape is a landscape contractor who provides landscape design, landscape installation, and landscape services for clients in Lake Geneva, WI, and surrounding communities including Delavan Lake, Fontana, and Williams Bay, WI.
Copyright © Sheldon Landscape, Inc.